Future Women Jobs Academy
Gidget Foundation Australia is collaborating with Future Women to provide support for women who have previously experienced perinatal depression and anxiety or other mental health challenges during the perinatal period and are wishing to find, gain and retain employment.
Future Women is a network of professional women pushing for a more equal world. Founded in 2018, Future Women delivers virtual and physical events, leadership training and an online community for its members – helping mid-career women across Australia to connect, learn and lead.
With the support of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women, the Jobs Academy will build on Future Women’s programs to give women who have experienced mental ill health during the perinatal period the confidence, capacity, and connections they need to find, gain and retain secure employment.
The first intake of the Jobs Academy will give 140 women free access to the Future Women community throughout 2022.
Participating in the Jobs Academy program will give you free access to:
- Connections to real jobs — including presentations from employers who are looking to hire more women
- A virtual ticket to the Future Women Leadership Summit in March — two days of inspiring keynote speeches and panel discussions
- Future Proof — an interactive year-long webinar series designed to prepare and empower you to take the next steps
- Mentoring — small group sessions to tackle a professional or personal challenge of your choice
- Webinars and training opportunities created specifically for Jobs Academy members
- All Future Women live online events, articles and resources — a critical support network as you take the next steps in your working life
- Access to FW’s exclusive members only Facebook group and member directory
All of the Future Women programs can be accessed online, so you can be located anywhere in Australia. To get the most out of the Jobs Academy, you’ll need to commit an hour or two per week, with most sessions available to catch up on later if the time doesn’t work for you and your family.
Expressions of interest are currently open for the pilot program in 2022. Head to the Future Women website to register your interest in joining the Jobs Academy.